From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ DAQmx timing sample clock DO / DI on same module

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by JonathanEstevez

Bad news -- this seems to be an inherent restriction for that particular digital module.

I tried replicating your system with simulated devices, saw the same error, and tried a number of additional DAQmx signal routing "tricks" to try to prevent it.   None of them worked.

So I did some more thorough searching on the site here and found this.  It looks like you'd need an additional digital module.  Or perhaps a different one -- it sounds like the restriction is for "serial bidirectional modules".  I'd venture that the high channel count is probably why the 9375 is serial (and thus restricted) rather than parallel (and perhaps *not* restricted?).

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 11 of 12
(305 Views)

Hello Kevin,

Thanks a lot for your help!!

I unfortunately came to the same conculsion as you... thank you for confirming it to me.

I finally decided to go with 2 separate modules one in DO and the other in DI so each module has its own functionality and I can do my sync separately when I want.

Again thank you for taking the time to find a solution to my problem.

Best regards

Jonathan

Message 12 of 12
(290 Views)