From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9188 network settings

I'm looking at the purchase of a cDAQ 9188 (new to market compact DAQ chassis with ethernet connection). I'm concerned to make sure that I can manually set up network settings due to network issues on my site. As this is newly released product not all the information is readily to hand, and no-one in my local NI office has the knowledge I require. Neither is there a demo unit available yet to try out.

I have found a video tutorial on the NI site showing that I can disable the zero configuration connectivity and manually set the IP address, but it doesn't go as far as confirming I can also set gateway and subnet mask.

Does anyone know if these settings can be set maually?

I don't want to commit to the financial outlay if there is a chance this won't work on my network.

Many Thanks.

Bandit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,157 Views)

I've now had the following info from NI which I thought I'd share...

1. When you select static configuration you can configure the DNS server and

the gateway manually, as well as the IP.

2. The cDAQ will need Microsoft Silverlight to configure, but this is included

in version 9.2 of the DAQmx drivers.

regards,

Bandit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,147 Views)

Yes, you can disable DHCP and Link Local and configure a static IP address, subnet mask, and gateway. Screenshot of the web interface attached.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
Message 3 of 8
(6,142 Views)

Thanks, Bandit, for posting your solution...

let's link some resources, shall we

NI CompactDAQ Ethernet Chassis Web-Based Configuration Demo

New NI CompactDAQ for Ethernet (Zero Configuration Networking)

...anything else that helped you solve this?  Anything you'd like to see (knowledgebase, demo) that could better answer a similar question?

-gaving

Message 4 of 8
(6,138 Views)

@ bstreiff

Thanks for that further clarification - that's just what I wanted to know, the screnshot illustrates it perfectly. The similar view I found on the web site had the link local option selected, and the othere settings were just displayed, not available for adjustment.

Regards,

Bandit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,137 Views)

@ gaving,

Thanks for adding the links.

The video on the first is the one I refered to earlier, and it stops short of saying that anything other than IP can be manually configured. My questions are  realted to the fact that I'm no network expert, and that I'm unsure if netork settngs and security requirements at my site will preclude the use of the zero configuration option and force me to use manual settings.

The second link only talks about the zero configuration.

Don't take this as critisism, it's all useful stuff.

My solution came from the staff at NI UK, I have to say I'm pleased with the response from them on this question, but I posted here to open an alternative route for answers as the frontline staff didn't know. Not suprising, it's only just been launched and I'm probably the first to ask.

The additional resource would simply be a longer demo/tutorial going just that little bit further to clarify all the network settings that were available for manual adjustment.

I may be able to add to that when I have used the product. I've just placed the order...   🐵

regards,

Bandit.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,129 Views)

Hi Bandit-

One point of clarification- the Microsoft Silverlight installer is NOT included with NI-DAQmx 9.2.  It may be included in future versions, but that has not yet been determined.  In the meantime, you can visit www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight to find the most recent version.

Tom W
National Instruments
Message 7 of 8
(6,125 Views)

@Tom,

Thanks, that's important information and I appreciate it.

Regards,

Bandit

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,121 Views)