Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9188 fails to reconnect after computer restart or return from sleep mode

I have a system consisting of six c-DAQ-9188 chassis and three c-DAQ-9181 chassis with various TC and voltage cards.  The connections to the ethernet chassis are always lost when the computer enters any sleep, restart, or hibernate.  After the computer restarts or awakens, the system is unable to reconnect to the ethernet chassis without a manual restart of each chassis individually in MAX.

I know the data collection fails when running a .vi if the computer enters sleep mode, but should the physical connection not restore after waking the computer up without manually restarting each chassis?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,512 Views)

Hi JBDburg,

This is, in fact, unexpected behavior and has happened to other users. Corrective Action Request #319619 has been filed and sen to R&D. Please see this forum for workarounds.

Regards,

Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,496 Views)

I acutally started that forum and use the reserve chassis workaround within the vi.  The problem is that when the system enters sleep, it is unable to reconnect with the chassis entirely, and even the reserve function does not work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,491 Views)

Hi JBDburg,

DAQmx 9.5 was released yesterday. Please try upgrading your driver which can be found here

Regards,

Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,479 Views)

Over the past several years we've been having the same problems on multiple systems with losing the 9188 connection after reboot. In the Measurement & Automation Explorer "Devices and Interfaces", red X's appear on all modules (possibly on the chassis too). Clicking on the modules restores the connection.  We are using NI-DAQmx 15.1.1, yet the problem remains.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,604 Views)

I have been seeing this too, using multiple versions of DAQmx (Versions 14 through 17). I have done most of everything I have found with respect to performance settings, IPv4 settings, etc. This problem has persisted, randomly; on some PCs it has never happened.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,208 Views)

Hey JTCollins,

I recommend posting this as a new topic so that you can get more visibility on the forums.

Cheers,

Ryan C.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,195 Views)