From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9184 problem. Modules in uknown state?

Hi

I'm using Measurement and Automation explorer to config tasks for my cDAQ-9184 ethernet device. Everything works ok. I can load and run tasks from c# .net using DAQmx.

But, if the PC (running windows 7) has gone to sleep and I "wake" it up and try to run any task on the cDAQ-9184 I get an exception.

Also, when I start MAX and look at the card it seemes that the modules are disconnected. See screenshot.

Modules in uknown state?!'

If I perform a self-test. The modules will go "online" again after some time.

I've seen the same behaviour on a different 9184 system. I also tried the latest firmware 1.5.1

Do you have any ideas? Is this the normal behaviour? Are the modules in some sort of sleep-mode? 🙂

/Mats

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,801 Views)

Oh, and by the way. The exception I get is the following. 

Exception

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,798 Views)

Hi DevAutoit-

I suspect that you're running into the behavior that I describe in this post.  Basically, suspending the system is observed as a loss in a connection between the chassis and your host PC, so a Device Reset (or similar) operation is required on the chassis object to re-establish the connection between the two.  Hopefully this is a fairly painless addition to your program that can add a lot of reliability improvement.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,790 Views)

Hello

Doing a Self-test in the beginning of application solves the problem. But we didn't see this problem using a cDAQ9181, in that application we created tasks programatically and verified them instead of Loading tasks.

Thx for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,776 Views)