From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9181 NI 9239

Hi I have a cDAQ9181 with a NI 9239 device inside as a network device. When I attach the cDAQ9181 to our corporate network the Measurement & Automation Explorer has no problem in finding the device, then I simply click "add device" and the drivers of the NI 9239 are installed and I can start collecting data.

This should also work when I directly connect with the device via an ethernet cable according to the documentation, however when I do this I can only get as far as finding the device and when I want to add the device so that I can see the NI 9239 I get the following error:no_connection with NI device.JPG

So I thought it might have something to do with my firewall settings so I turned everything off but I still got this message. Then I tried using a different switch but still got the same error. Could someone give me any fresh ideas to try?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,595 Views)

Hey Gert,

I believe you have some issues with the IP addressing. Is the device with DHCP settings and your computer on Obtain IP automatically? 

Check this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Error-201401-when-Add-Device-on-cDAQ-9188/td-p/1840983

Cheers!

Bozhidar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,546 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,544 Views)