Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9174: Windows not recognizing chassis

Hi all,

I'm new to LabVIEW and presently using the LabVIEW 2012 trial version on a Windows 7 64-bit HP laptop.  I have tried many times but cannot get the PC to recognize the cDAQ-9174 chassis when I connect it to the PC via USB.  I keep getting an error message that says "Device driver software was not successfully installed" or "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." 

I have DAQmx 9.6.1 installed.  The chassis is recognized on another PC.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,643 Views)

Hi Brian_Eisinger,

Could you verify if you're connecting this chassis to an USB 2.0 port?

Regards,

Carmen C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,615 Views)

Hi Carmen,

My laptop has USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports (2 each for a total of 4).  I've tried all of them thinking that perhaps the chassis isn't compatible with 3.0, although I don't think 3.0 should be an issue.

Thanks for chiming in.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,605 Views)

Hi Brian

The cDAQ is recognized in the Device manager of Windows?

Regards

Esteban R

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,587 Views)

Hi Esteban,

It appears in the Device Manager as "unknown device".

-Brian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,583 Views)

Hello Brian,

Can you post a MAX Report of your system so that we can check which software and software version is installed on the system?

Can you also post some more information about the pc itself?

Did you have the device connected to the computer when you installed the drivers?

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,574 Views)

Esteban,

I solved the problem although I'm not exactly sure what caused the problem to happen.  I plugged the DAQ into the dual purpose eSATA/USB port and it recognized the DAQ.  I then deleted the DAQ, plugged it into a dedicated USB port and it recognized the DAQ again.

Thanks for your help.

-Brian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,530 Views)