Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9172 on MAX 14

Hello,

After installing LV 2014 on a new machine, I can see my cDAQ in MAX but none of the modules show up under the pull down in MAX.  I've tried installing legacy drivers but they will not replace the new software.

I was wondering how I can select a different driver for my NI DAQ usb.  It says to go to www.ni.com/info and enter 'driverselector' but that throws an error saying there is no such code.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,340 Views)

Hi,

This website has download links to NI-DAQmx drivers compatible with the cDAQ-9172. 

Next, to manually change the driver, go into Device Manager, find your device, right click, and select Update Driver...

From the pop-up you should be able to install the driver from a specific location. Navigate to your driver download and select that.

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,318 Views)

Which version of DAQmx do you have installed?  The 9172 is supported through the most recent release, so there shouldn't be any need for reversion to legacy drivers.  Can you provide a screenshot of your MAX window?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,306 Views)

Attached is an image of my max window.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,290 Views)

when i plug the cDAQ into my desktop it works just fine and recognizes all of the C modules.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,288 Views)

I have DAQmx 14.1 installed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,285 Views)

Are your laptop and desktop running the same version of DAQmx?

Are you connecting the chassis to your laptop through USB? Have you tried another port?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,244 Views)

I have NI-DAQmx 14.0 installed on my desktop which is functioning properly with the cDAQ. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,238 Views)

I have tried another port on the laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,237 Views)

Could you perform a self-test on the device in MAX?

When you go to Device Manager, under Data Acquisition Devices, do you see any of your modules?

Also, could you attach a MAX Technical Report to this post? To get that go to MAX, click File, Create Report, select Technical support report, and attach the .zip file to a post.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,225 Views)