Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9132 unable to use mouse and keyboards

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a cDAQ 9132. last month,the system reminded me to update the system on cDAQ 9132。after the updates finished, i found the mouse and the keyboards don't work. i make sure the mouse and the keyboards are trouble-free. i tried to push the reset button to reboot the cDAQ, but the question is still here.

without the mouse and keyboards, i can't do anything on the cDAQ 9132. And i use NI MAX on my laptop to connect the cDAQ 9132 by cable, but the NI MAX can't find the device on the Network equipment or Remote system.

So i don't know how to do next. if you have any advice for this question, please share your solution. Thank you

related information: cDAQ 9132 WES7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,330 Views)

Hi xiaocao123,

With the cDAQ-9132 is running Windows Embedded 7 (WES7), that is the reason why you could not find it in NI-MAX.

You probably require a monitor and a mini Display port adapter cable too to work with it.

Here's the link about the Officially supported Mini DisplayPort adapters that sold by NI: 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9EmSAK&l=en-MY

Here's another link on How to Set up Compact DAQ Controllers with Windows Embedded System (WES),Monitor, Adapter, Mouse and Keyboard:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019WtjSAE&l=en-MY

Let me know if it help
Good Luck 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,297 Views)

thank you, but the issue is that  mouse and keyboards can't work. when i connect the mouse to the cDAQ, the mouse Indicator light is off and connect the keyboards to the cDAQ, it doesn't work

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xiaocao123

Oh I see 
In my opinion, I think there might have some problem with the BIOS settings making mouse and keyboard cannot work.Maybe you could try the following attempts and see whether it will help you.

The first attempt was to reset the System CMOS and BIOS Settings:

Resetting the System CMOS and BIOS Settings
1. Disconnect power from the cDAQ controller.
2. Press the CMOS reset button, and hold it for 1 second. The CMOS Reset Button is found in the Backplane of the device, between module slots 2 and 3
3. Reconnect power to the cDAQ controller. The BIOS Reset Detected warning message appears onscreen.

If this does not help, restoring the OS may be neccessary but this will remove any work stored on the device, so should be seen as a last step: 
Restoring the Windows Operating System
(NI cDAQ-9132/9133/9134/9135/9136/9137 for Windows)

You can restore the Windows operating system on the hard drive of the cDAQ controller from the NI cDAQ-9132/9133/9134/9135/9136/9137 Controller OEM Re-Installation media shipped with the cDAQ controller. 

1. Connect an external DVD drive through a USB hub to one of the USB ports of the cDAQ controller and insert the recovery media.
2. Connect a keyboard to the other USB port on the cDAQ controller. Connect the mouse to the USB hub.
3. Power on the cDAQ system.
4. Press the <F10> key on the keyboard.
5. Select the DVD drive or recovery media.
6. Press any key to boot from the recovery media.
7. In the Windows Recovery Configuration, select your language and the hard drive configuration for Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) SP1 installation. After restoring the operating system, you can reinstall the software and drivers onto the controller in the following order:
1. LabVIEW, as described in the LabVIEW Installation Guide
2. NI-DAQmx, as described in the Read Me First: NI-DAQmx and DAQ Device Installation Guide

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,288 Views)