Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9132 stand-alone

Solved!
Go to solution

I am developing code that eventually I want to run stand-alone on my cDAQ-9132. Currently I am developing with a laptop running LV 16 and am able to control the cDAQ remotely. I am able to hook up a monitor to the cDAQ and see my code run remotely as well. What I need is to be able to control the front panel without using my laptop.

I am following the instructions here but on line 2 when it says right click build specifications ->new->real time application, I only see New->Source Distribution. Do I need to purchase and install the Application Builder as well? I thought I didn't since the cDAQ is a real-time device. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Micah

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,368 Views)

Hello, 

I think you will need to purchase Real-Time Module if you have not already done so. That might be the reason you may not be seeing the option to build a real time application. The NI Knowledge Base article you are referring to mentions the real time module in parenthesis in the title, so just ensure that you have the real time module installed. Also, Which version of LabVIEW do you have? (i.e. Base, Full, Professional). This will help us determine what modules and toolkits are included in the version of LabVIEW you are using. 

Regards,

Shezaan Noorani 

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,315 Views)

I have purchased the cDAQ-9132 which is running Labview real-time on Linux. I believe I have the full version. I spoke with the support line and they believe that I also need they application builder.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,294 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JÞB

I was able to get the application builder activated onto my machine. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
(3,284 Views)

Hi Micah,

Excellent, thank you for updating with your solution!

Message 5 of 5
(3,272 Views)