cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9132 installer issues

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to run an application at a cDAQ-9132. To do so, I have made an installer on my Labview 2021 development system.
This program controls some IO with DAQ-mx. 

Some issues pop-up, trying to install it on to the cDAQ-9132.

First I have got an Windows version Problem. This is solved by changing the VersionNTMin in the *.ini file.

Second, the system doe not meet the requirements.

What is wrong?

Is it possible to deploy a Labview 2021 application at a cDAQ-9132?
Do I need Labview Real-Time?

20211103_103158.jpg20211103_081546.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,112 Views)

Looks like you've configured a minimum system OS requirement for the installer and the PC you're installing on does not meet those requirements.

You do not need LV RT, since it is just a desktop application. Have you included appropriate run-time engine versions for the dependencies such as DAQmx?

What OS version are you installing the application? sometimes the dependencies such as DAQmx has strict OS requirements which cannot be overridden.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,088 Views)

You have to set minimum system requirements in the Installer properties. An other setting doesn't change anything.

I've changed VersionNTMin in the ini file to 0,0,0,0,0. Now it is installable.

Additional installers are included and I am able to run the program.

An Relay output module 9481 is inside the cDAQ-9132.

The outputs are visible in the port setting but an error occurs.
I am familiar with DAQmx, but what is wrong? Through MAX (version 16) the relays are controllable!

The target OS is Windows Embedded standard 7 SP1 (32bit)

20211104_093139.jpg

20211104_093147.jpg

  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,075 Views)

I already mentioned the change inside the ini file and was able to install my application with the additional installers.

Unfortunately the Package Manager updated. With the latest version it is not possible to install or uninstall anything.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,047 Views)

Yes, you did a hack to work around the requirement set by the developer to avoid unintended consequences.

But at the core of it is still the same issue, any installer developed with 20.7 MDF Support component is not guaranteed to work in a Win7 environment.

santo_13_0-1636120597181.png

Alternative - build your application with software dependencies lower than 20.7, for example with the drivers at 19.0 versions.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,041 Views)

Thanks for the additional information.
First I have to fix the install/uninstall issue because of the latest Package Manager version.
I don't no how, but maybe I figure out something. All information on this matter would be helpfull.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,039 Views)

So you're stuck in a situation where you could not escape. A better approach would be to do a system restore or reinstall the OS to clear all this incompatible combination of software.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,037 Views)

Bottom Line:

My resolve was to uninstall ALL National Instruments software and then load LabVIEW 2020 SP1 or earlier. LabVIEW 2020 SP1 is the last version that will allow for the Installer to work!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,029 Views)

Thank you all for the information.

It's even worse than I thought. Setting back an image, with the supplied DVD, is also a problem.

I will send the cDAQ-9132 back for restoring it.

Now I know enough. Because of all the replies and my experience, it won't happen again.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,011 Views)