Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breakout box for NI USB-6229

I am currently using an NI USB-6229 and need to replace it:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203094

This currently means unscrewing a large number of terminals. 

I am told that there are IDC type headers on the PCB inside the DAQ box, is it possible to purchase a breakout box, so that we can wire our hardware to the breakout box instead of the DAQ board?  That way, replacing the USB-6229 would be a 5 min job rather than an error prone 30min job.

The 'select accessories' on the above page is no help.

Regards

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,797 Views)
Hi Dave,

Unfortunatly there is not a breakout box for use with your product. I recomend you attach lables to each wire to avoid running into wiring problems but other than that I cannot offer much more advice I'm afraid.

You may possibly consider an OEM board at http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203621 but that is sold as in the photograph and not suiatable for some customers due to lack of casing.

Best Regards,

Ian Colman
Applications Engineer,
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,780 Views)
What you're asking for is a mass-terminated device - something that allows you to connect via cable. There are such devices for USB, including the USB-6225, USB-6255, USB-6251 and USB-6259. There are multiple variants of these devices, but if you use the mass-terminated version, connectivity is provided through one (6251) or two (6225, 6255, 6259) 68-pin SCSI II connectors. To maintain signal integrity, it's recommended to use the SH68-68-EP cable to connect up to any of the 68-pin MIO connector blocks.

If you prefer custom connectivity solutions, you can consider making a custom cable to connect up to the SCSI connectors or consider the SH6850 cable.

Finally, you could consider the USB M Series OEM devices. As previously mentioned, those come without a shielded casing and provide connectivity directly through IDC headers. There's an excellent OEM user guide giving you information on dimensions and connectivity should you choose to go that route.

Thanks, JaredA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,772 Views)