cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto zero mode DAQ in LabVIEW 8.6.1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am using LabVIEW 8.6.1 to program a Temperature measurement VI. However, I cannot find the AI.AutoZeroMode property even though according to Help, I should have found it DAQmx Channel/Analog Input/ General properties/ High Accuracy settings/ Auto Zero Mode.

It is a bit weird as in the General Properties, I have only 3 sub folders instead of 4 (the High Accuracy Settings is missing)

FYI, I tried to follow this example http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4996 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,382 Views)

Hello Dennis,

From the example link that you have posted, it mentioned that not all device is supporting the auto-zero functionality. Which hardware that you are trying to run the example with? Any signal conditioning modules that is attached to the hardware?

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,356 Views)

Hi Meadow,

Yeah I also noticed this issue. But I think it's is LabVIEW problem: in case you enable AutoZeroMode in not-supported devices, we will have an error.

My problem is that I even couldn't find this property node.

Thanks anyway 

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,349 Views)

Hello Dennis,

As a start, you can try to open te example on labVIEW 8.6.1 under exaple finde >> Hardware Input and Output >> Analog Measurement >> Temperature >> Cont Acq Thermocouple Samples Int Clk.vi

Please let me know if you still can't find the property when you try to re-use the example.

Regards,

James

- Meadow -
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,332 Views)

Hi James

I still cannot find it..

Dennis
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,313 Views)

Hello Dennis,

It is a propertly of DAQmx Channel so if you use property node from the function palette, you should connect the DAQmx handle to the property node. Once you connect, there are few steps that you should follow to find the property:

1. Make sure that DAQmx Channel class is selected in the property node.

(Right Mouse Click) >> Select DAQmx Class >> DAQmx Channel

2. Select property:

(Left Mouse Click) on Property >> Analog Input >>General Properties >> Advanced >> High Accuracy Settings >> AutoZero Mode

If you still can't find it, you might want to take a look at the driver version whether it is supporting LabVEW 8.6.1 and there is a possibility that your driver installation might be corrupted which I may try to repair the installation or re-install the driver.

James

- Meadow -
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,295 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dennis Chau

If you cannot find the property, it is most likely that none of the configured devices in your system support the property.  LabVIEW property nodes apply a filter that, by default, hides attributes that are not supported by any devices configured on the system.

To force the property node to show even unsupported attributes, you can right-click the Channel Property Node, choose "Select Filter..." and choose "Show All Attributes".

Again, though, only attributes that are not supported for any devices at all on your system are hidden by default, so all of the attributes that become visible will likely generate "attribute not supported" errors if you attempt to read from or write to them.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,282 Views)

Perfect !!! I found it

Thank you so much, Chad and James

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,265 Views)