Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquire the current voltage output of an analog output channel

Solved!
Go to solution
I am controlling a rather sensitive HV setup with analog output voltages. Is there an easy way to read out the voltage level that is currently given out by an analog output?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,475 Views)
I'm pretty new to all of this, so this may be ridiculous, but it seems to me that, if you have extra analog inputs, you could double check your outputs by wiring the outputs into a couple of the other inputs. You probably want to wire in some fairly sizeable resistors between them, the size of which would depend on your voltages, but if you're creating the voltage with the card, you're probably safe with 10K's.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,459 Views)

It's not ridiculous at all, but I would prefer a software based solution rather than blocking an input channel for each output.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,449 Views)

Hello,

thank you for your post to our forum.

The waveforms or voltages which you are giving to the output are similar to the voltages you specify in your software

(See specifications of your card to determine the accurancy).

If you want to measure the output voltage of a channel anyway you can wire it to a free input channel and measure the voltage there.

I hope i could help you.

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,447 Views)

Sorry, maybe I havent expressed myself clear enough.

Since I am setting output voltages from different subVIs, I am looking for an option to read out the current voltage level at the AO without having to hardwire anything. What I need is therefore similar to reading out the current value of a numeric Indicator via a property node, I just do not know the equivalent function for an analog output channel. I already have a backup solution in mind, but this would require some changes in an architecture that my predecessor has conceived and of course not documented, so i might run into unexpected problems.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jens Rütten

Hello,

if you are setting your voltages from different subVIs you can be sure that the voltage you set in these VIs are similar to the voltages you have at your output pin. For example, you could write the value you give to the output into an variable and the read this variable in you main VI.

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,435 Views)

yap, that is exactly what I have also already done now, i just changed all the VIs to write their values to a global variable and I have one single subVI running continuously writing these values to the outputs.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,417 Views)

My pleasure!

Feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,402 Views)