From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Readings From 6071E

I have a 6071E board installed in a 1042 PXI chassis.  The board passes self check, but fails self calibration.  The device returns a perfect zero voltage reading on all channels when using Test Pannels in Measurement & Automation Explorer and when using DAQmx.  The other cards in the chassis seem to be functioning normally.

Self calibration reports the following message,

Self calibration failed.  The self-calibration date has not changed.

Disconnect the device from external signals, as they might introduce noise.  Externally calibrate the device to recalibrate the onboard voltage reference that is used for self-calibration.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,671 Views)

Hello,

Could you try running the DAQ Diagnostic Utility and let me know what the results are?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,646 Views)
My PXI is running Real-Time.  Is there anyway to run the diagnostic utility on a RT Target.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,638 Views)

I managed to run the online daq diagnosis utility, the results are seen below.  I had to skip the self-calibration step because it consistently failed. All the analog input tests failed.  I guess this means the board is toast.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,545 Views)
Hi Staley,

It sounds like you need to send your board in for RMA.  You can go to http://www.ni.com/ask and create a service request from there. 
Thank You,

Nick F.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,527 Views)