From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing data to span of file for high sampling rate data acquisition

Here are the tasks which I need to do for taking noise measurements:
1) Take data continuously from USB 6281 board at a 500k sampling rate (50k samples at a time). I need high resolution voltage reading from underwater transducer for noise measurements. 
2) Save the data continuously for 3-6 hours in any file (any format is okay but I need to save in series of files rather than the single file). I want to start writing to new file after every 2 min.

I have attached my VI and images of my task configuration. I can take the measurement and write data into file continuously for 15 min. After that I am seeing these error:
1) Hardware acquisition cannot keep the pace with the software (something like this, also with a suggestion to increase the buffer size...)
2) Memory is full.

Please help in making my VI efficient and correct. I know you will suggest to remove the "Write in measurement file" from consumer loop because it takes a lot of time to open and close a file in a loop. You may suggest me to open the file outside the loop and write inside the loop. But I want to save my data in new file after every 2 min or after certain samples. If this can be done efficiently without using the Write in measurement file then please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,410 Views)