From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring transducer to 9203

I need to wire two transducers for temperature and humidity to a unit that will transmit these measurements to a server. I was looking at the NI-9203 and it appears to be the right card for the job. I am planning to use this card with a cRIO-9063.

Looking at the NI-9203 datasheet, I am slightly confused with the wiring diagram. What is this dotted line for? Does it represent a connection? If so, I don't see why a transducer would be directly connected to both positive and negative on the voltage source with no measurement point between the two. It would make more sense that the line was omitted. This is coming from someone who doesn't have a EE background, so I may be misunderstanding the dotted line completely.

dottedline.PNG

My second question is, should I power the two transducers and the cRIO unit from the same power supply? Or should I have a PSU for the cRIO and one for the two transducers?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,061 Views)

Hi duelingcats

It looks like the dotted lines signify the actual Module 9203 and the analog input connectors and the COM ground. 

The power supply for the cRIO is different from the power supply for the traducers. If you purchase from NI the package should come with the cRIO power supply. I would recommend calling in and talking to a sales engineer. 

David R

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,013 Views)