Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win7 driver for DAQ 6016

Hi

I'm searching for a Win7 driver for the DAQPad 6016. I have tried the driver NIDAQ930f2 but without success.

So any ideas?

I was thinking about the XP mode from Win7 to get the 6016 running. Do you think that this could work?

Thanks in advance

Ningler

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,665 Views)

Hi Ningler,

I just checked the driver and it says that the DaqPad 6016 is still supported, so it should work on Windows 7 with the Ni-DAQmx 9.3.

Here you have the link where you can find the readme-files: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2337/lang/en

What exactly is not working on your system?

Cheers, RMathews

Ramona Lombardo
Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,654 Views)

Actually,the DAQPad-6016 is only supported on Windows XP.  Because it is based on a legacy USB implementation, this devices is not (and most likely never will be) supported on OSes after Windows XP.  Unfortunatly, XP Mode on Windows Seven doesn't handle USB DAQ devices well, so your only real option is to stick with Windows XP with this device, or to investigate a replacement device with similar functionality, such as the NI USB-6211.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,652 Views)

Hi Seth,

thanks for the information. After checking again, I found the entry in the readme where it says, that the 6016 is not supported for Windows 7! Should have found it earlier!

Thanks, RMathews

Ramona Lombardo
Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,650 Views)