From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will "ExceptionOnError = False" stop the Error 10846.

I get a very intermittent Error -10846. If I put -
ExceptionOnError = False - in the code before the Configure statement, will it step the Error -10846 from happening? I can't find a way to test this as the error doesn't show up very often.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,123 Views)
That's a LV error and it happens because you are not reading data from the PC buffer fast enough.

In order to prevent this error, you might increase the size of the background acquisition buffer (buffer size), increase the amount of data you read (scans to read), slow down your acquisition rate (scan rate), reduce the number of tasks your computer is performing, return binary data of your "AI Read.VI" (this is a polymorphic VI), or remove any extra processing that is inside the loop of "AI Read.VI".

L Aguila
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,123 Views)
Hello;

That error shows when you are not retrieving data fast enough from the memory, so data is being overflowed.

The only way to prevent that error to happen is start playing with the Data Acquisition parameters, such as Sample Rate, bytes to retrive from buffer per iteration, and buffer size.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,123 Views)