Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my 6259e not recognize my SCXI-1000 chassis and modules?

I have two SCXI chassis (in separate setups) with a SCXI 1520 / 1314 installed for strain measurements.  The original configuration (I am trying to reproduce this one) has a PCi-16-E in it with a SCXI-1000 chassis.  The new setup has a PCIe-6259 (I've also tried with a PCI-16-XE-50).  My new chassis is not able to auto-detect modules (or read them if the 1520 is added manually, all calibration functions do not work and strains are not read, using the same 1314 and strain gages verified on the original rack).

The interconnect is through a 1349 on the 1520 in Slot 1 on both chassis.

Any ideas why my new chassis won't work? I've tried reseting and verified the power setting is on 120V for US voltage.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,807 Views)
Is it possible to switch components of the systems, i.e. put the new modules into the chassis that auto-detects and verify everything works and place the modules that do auto-detect into the new chassis, etc?  This will help narrow down the issue.  What version of the driver are you using?  Are you running the same OS on both machines?  Do you receive any errors?  Please elaborate more on "calibration functions do not work".  Are results not returned, incorrectly, etc?
Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,786 Views)
Also verify your cabling as mentioned in this knowledge base.
Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,784 Views)