Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Terminal on the SCC-FT01 Module Can Power a 15V Pressure transducer?

The pdf file from National Instruments says that 5vdc and 15vdc are available directly at a SCC-FT01 module when plugged into the SC-2345 carrier.

Previously I have powered my pressure transducers externally and used terminals 5 and 6 on the SCC-FT01 module to take the voltage readings.
I would like to be able to use the 15 VDC power from my SC-2345 carrier to power the transducers.

Can anyone advise me as which terminals I can wire to on the SCC-FT01 module to get the 15VDC power?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,537 Views)
Hello pwduncan,

In order to access the positive or negative 15V lines of your SC-2345 chassis using the SCC-FT01 feedthrough module, you will need to customize it.  Page 6 of the SCC-FT01 Feedthrough Module User Guide describes the process of customizing the SCC-FT01.  Figure 3 in this User Guide shows a diagram of the interior of the SCC-FT01.  The signal connection pads on the right (labeled as section 3 on Figure 3) provide access to the lines of the SC-2345, including the +15V line.  Section 3 of the SCC-FT01 is divided into 4 subsections, labeled AI/DIO, All, AO, and GPCTR.  Pad number 4 of the All subsection provides access to the +15V line of the SC-2345.  In order to route this +15V out of one of the screw terminals of the SCC-FT01, connect a wire between pad 4 of the All subsection of section 3, to one of the pads in the J1 section of the SCC-FT01 (again look at Figure 3 for clarification).  You'll want to repeat this process to connect the GND line from the SC-2345 out to one of the screw terminals of the SCC-FT01.

The best reference for finding out what connections to make is that section on customizing the module in the SCC-FT01 User Guide.  Use the diagram and the table to determine what pads allow access to what signals.

I hope this helps,

Travis G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

Message Edited by Travis G. on 06-01-2006 04:21 PM

Message 2 of 2
(2,524 Views)