Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which DAQ to use for Timing?

Currently I have a PCI-6703 and a PCI-6036E, I need to check the timing of 4 different lines in the following instances:

DUT1
DUT2
DUT3
PC1

The 3 DUT signals are generated on my DUT the PC signal is controlled on the PC as a Digital I/O to the DUT

Start timing at:                End timing at:          Nominal time interval
DUT1 falling edge       DUT1  rising edge                25 ms
DUT1 falling edge       DUT1 rising edge                3.1 sec
DUT2 rising edge                NA                      NA (no edge)
DUT2 rising edge        DUT2 falling edge       250 micro sec
DUT1 falling edge       DUT3 falling edge                 3.0 ms
DUT1 falling edge       DUT3 rising edge       less than 250 micro sec
DUT1 rising edge        DUT3 rising edge                 4.0 ms
PC1 level change       DUT3 rising edge                  4.5 ms
DUT3 falling edge             NA                      NA (no edge)

So I need to read in from a Rising edge to a falling edge of the  same or another signal and get an accuarte time for them as shown.

Will the 6036E work for me? I have not done this type of measurement with a DAQ so it is all new to me. if the 6036E will not work, what will?

Message Edited by jdebuhr on 01-11-2006 12:51 PM

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,496 Views)

Jeff,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.  From your description, it looks like you want to do two edge separation measurements between two signals in many different variations.  Unfortunately, the hardware you have is not able to to do this.  These measurements require counter inputs.  Only your 6036 has counter inputs, and it only has two.  But also, the hardware of those counters will not be able to measure the separation of two separate signals.  I would recommend that you take a look at the Meas Two Edge Separation, Meas Two Edge Separation-Buffered-Continuous, and Meas Two Edge Separation-Buffered-Finite examples in the LabVIEW 8 example finder.  You will see the hardware that is necessary to run those examples in the Requirements section of the example finder.  Your best option may be a 6601(4 Counter) or a 6602 (8 Counter) board.  If you would like, I can have someone send you a quote for both of these.  If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.  Thanks and have a great day!

Regards,

Lon

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,467 Views)
Thanks,

I will take a look at those examples.

Jeff
Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3