From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the help?

I have installed NI-DAQmx and do develop with Visual Studio 2012. Where can I find an API documentation for NI-DAQmx? The NI website tells me to look at Start»All Programs»National Instruments»Measurement Studio 2010 for Visual Studio 2010»Measurement Studio Documentation. but there is no such folder in my start menu!. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,686 Views)

I think you may want the NI-DAQmx documentation (not Measurement Studio).

It can be found at Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI-DAQmx»Text-Based Code Support.

This includes links for .NET and ANSI C Help Files and Examples.

- FCTesting
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,682 Views)

Yes, you are right. I want the Ni-DAQmx documentation. But I do not even find the folder Start»All Programs»National Instruments on my machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,653 Views)

The default location is C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ for installing the example files. If this does not show up you most likely need to reinstall NI-DAQmx with default options.

- FCTesting
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,641 Views)

Re-installing NiDAQmx did the trick! Everything fine now. Thank you very much for the support.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,621 Views)

Have to come back to this one: After reinstalling I now have a "Start --> All Programs --> National Instruments --> NI-DAQ" folder but still I can not find a description of the API. Exmaple: I would like to get a documenation of the class "DaqSystem" where all members of that class are described.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,617 Views)

Hey,

what about Start --> All Programs --> National Instruments --> NI-DAQ --> Text based Code Support --> NI DAQmx C Reference Help?

Do you want to write .NET or C code? 

Rome

NI AE

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,613 Views)