Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where else can I get sample vi's for PCI-6229 i/o into a VI - (From MAX into VI) -

I got below message the first time I tried to open the program:

"a Measurement & Automation explorer component recently detected an unexpected erro. Use the File>>Create Report menu item within MAX to generate a technical support report, and then contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support.

If you continue using MAX, the application may not function properly, If the problem persists, you may need to restart Windows. Click Details to learn more about the problem.

Details>>                                       Continue                                           Exit Application"

I am attaching MAX report and a screen shot of the  Unexpected Error in MAX. 

Shall I need to remove and reinstall the application? PLEASE ADVISE.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,813 Views)

Hello Juangilsan,

From your problem description and the attached report it seems like your driver installation got corrupted. You can re-install NI-DAQmx driver and you will get all the NI-DAQmx vis which you can use to program your PCI-6259 card. 

Here is where you can download the driver from. You can also find the data acquisition programming fundamentals here. Along with these resources you can find many example related to the application you want to do in the example finder in LabVIEW. You can navigate to the example finder from LabVIEW's Help Menu>>Find example.

Cheers

nAyer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,783 Views)

Downloaded driver 4.9 MAX and installed - before that I tried to uninstall from Control Panel but program wasn't listed as MAX so I just started installation getting below message:

" Unexpected Error - Measurement and Automation Explorer.

A Measurement & Automation explorer component recently detected an unexpected error. Use the File>>Create Report menu item within MAX to generate a technical support report, and then contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support.

If you continue using MAX, the application may not function properly, If the problem persists, you may need to restart Windows. Click Details to learn more about the problem.

Details>>                                       Continue                                           Exit Application

The nisrcddexu plug-in caused an exception in the CmxsCfgResourceExpert::UpgradeRe-------

See this file for details: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Natinal In-------"

Best regards,

juangilsan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,761 Views)

Hi Juangilsan,

If the installer sees that MAX is already installed, then it will not replace any of the files. You will need to remove MAX first in order to reinstall it. The program is found under NI Softare and is listed as "NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (your version)"

-Abram 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,747 Views)
Thanks Abram. I tried to uninstall from Control Panel - Add/Remove programs. However, since MAX is related to a lot of other NI programs including Lab-VIEW, ETC.ETC. It is telling me I cannot remove unless I remove related programs. It seems I might have to unisnstall all the other programs to REMOVE MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,731 Views)

You are correct; you will have the uninstall the other programs to remove MAX. MAX is used by a large number of NI software, including LabVIEW, which nessesitates many other programs being uninstalled with it. You should save all of your VIs to a different directory before attempting a reinstall of MAX.

-Abram

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,724 Views)

Removed DAQmx and related software. Removed PCI-6229, Reinstalled LV2009, and NI-DAQmx latest driver (version 8.9 from file NIDAQ890f4) Reinserted Card and I am able to open card without any errors, however LV2009 doesn't show DAQ Assistant on the Express Functions Pallete as shown on attached file.

Any ideas to show or add DAQ Assistant into LV?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,685 Views)

In what order did you install LV and DAQmx? Normally, LV needs to be installed first, and then DAQmx to ensure proper linking of the VIs (including the DAQ assistant) that come with the driver installation. Try a reinstallation of your driver and a restart of your computer and see if that populates your DAQmx palette.

-Abram

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,681 Views)
Has this thread been about you trying LabVIEW 2009? If so, you really, really should not be posting here. Keep questions related to the beta to the beta board. This was clearly explained when you signed up for the beta. If you want to use a driver with it, you should be using the beta drivers for 2009. The location of these is listed on the beta board.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,675 Views)