Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between OEM and non-OEM (on a device)

Solved!
Go to solution

Seen some devices with OEM and some without OEM.  What is the difference? 

I am new to the NI would, as a PMEL technician using Calibration Executive to calibrate devices NI devices, like the USB-6211, I noticed Cal-Exe lists a "USB-6211" and a "USB-6211 (OEM)", (for example); wondering what is the difference.  Normally I would interpreter "OEM" as "original equipment manufacture", if correct why the list it in Cal-Exe?

Also, not sure if I'm posting in the correct area... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,378 Views)

I think the difference is just in the packaging of the board.  Hopefully someone else can explain the calibration executive as I have never used it.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203671/ 

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372083c.pdf

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,344 Views)

hi, thank you for the reply.  But still have same question about "OEM", specifically why does Calibration Executive have some of its listings with "OEM" and with out, for the same item. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,310 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EglinPMEL2

OEM devices are for Manufactures who want the NI's hardware to be included in their big machinery. Example, image a robot manufacturer who wants to use NI hardware internally, so they get the OEM version and include in their system.

Typically OEM version of HW are delivered without enclosures and may be custom pinout so that the user (another manufacturer) can customize to their needs. Whereas the non-OEM version is intended for end-user (consumer/engineer) who just want to create a test system which could be one to a few for their project.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,286 Views)