From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is needed for VB to support the PCI-6251?

If I buy the DAQ are the drivers supported?  What do I need to support a VB application?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,722 Views)

giffcolts,

You are correct with the purchase of a DAQ instrument the drivers are supported.  The drivers are compatible with VB we also build example programs to help you get started with your data acquisition.  You can go here and get a good idea of the basic data acquisition procedure.  Depending on the board you buy and the needs of your application you may need different things, but most generally you will probably just need DAQmx.

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
Message 2 of 4
(2,714 Views)
Are there any advantages to having Labview over VB from a application driver standpoint?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,710 Views)

giffcolts,

There are MANY advantages of LabVIEW in this environment.  If you are anything but a VB expert LabVIEW is much easier right out of the gate with its built in VIs that completely control all aspects of the data acquisition process and easily allow you an easy to understand overview of the entire program.  In addition to the examples that I showed you for VB we have TONS of examples for LabVIEW for nearly any type of application.  While the driver is the same the ease of accessing that driver is one of LabVIEW's strongest points.  Rather than having to look up function calls, deal with all of the syntax, and other traditional programming pitfalls you get a simple yet powerful graphical interface that still has all of the same functionality.  If you had more specific questions about your application I could probably direct you to some documentation and/or examples on directly how to do it.  Please feel free to ask any questions you have!

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,695 Views)