From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is cause of nipalk.sys error?

My PC will crash sometimes when my LabView application runs.  My application is collecting several channels of analog data and displaying it in a chart.

The application will run OK 90% of the time, but sometimes the PC will crash after running the application for an hour or so.  I get the blue screen of death.  I get an error that reads something like...

"Problem has been detected and windows is shutting down"

Other text is displayed followed by...

Tech Info:

***Stop 0x0000008E  (0xC0000005,0xF734325E, 0xAA0B78C8, 0x00000000)

*** nipalk.sys - Address F734325E base at F7338000,      DateStamp  4333476d

Dumping Physical Memory

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,142 Views)
Hi drewtreb,

Which DAQ driver are you using?  If you are using DAQmx, I recommend upgrading to the latest version, which you can download here.  If you already have the latest verstion, try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.  It seems strange that this error only happens every once in a while, but let's see if a reinstall fixes the problem.  Let us know what happens.

Thanks,

Justin M.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,128 Views)

Hi Justin,

I was using DAQmx ver 8.0.  I uninstalled it, and then installed ver 8.1.  So far so good.  Its been running for 24 hours problem free.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,102 Views)