Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does a red cross mean next to a device in MAX?

I am trying to help out someone who has a problem setting up a system to run some of my programs. Unfortunately he's in another country.

He has installed a PCI-6221. MAX detects the device but shows it marked with a red cross, he cannot run the test panel or self-test, but he can open device properties and do things there, and he can run self-calibration without errors.

So we have a device that is recognised, installed and working, but cannot be used. What's going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,256 Views)

Hi CDancer,

A red cross in MAX means that it has previously located and recognised the device but can no longer see it. I would recommend checking all the connections again, checking the card isn't damaged and using this link (http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/566/lang/en) to download a diagnostic tool to check your board.

Post back if this doesn't help and I will try and look into it further.

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,233 Views)

Thanks Chris, He managed to fix that problem without my help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,230 Views)

Great, thanks for letting me know

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,225 Views)

Trying to get this Rigol dp711 to work through rs232 is cancer. I've tried everything from swapping PSU isntances, cables, using the Ultra sigma software, contacting rigol themselves, finding rs232 drivers for NI/rigol. Any advice?

@Chris_Garratt_NIUK wrote:

Hi CDancer,

A red cross in MAX means that it has previously located and recognised the device but can no longer see it. I would recommend checking all the connections again, checking the card isn't damaged and using this link (http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/566/lang/en) to download a diagnostic tool to check your board.

Post back if this doesn't help and I will try and look into it further.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,719 Views)