From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does 5V/TTL/CMOS mean exactly

Maybe a dumb question.  Does 5V/TTL/CMOS mean that it's CMOS circuitry that works with TTL or what?  I need to couple the output of the digital line to a power MOS transistor and I have read that with CMOS you may need to add a resistor between the gate and the CMOS output to avoid some problems during fast switching of the MOS transistor. So I was just wondering if the digitial out on the multifunction card (PCI-6221 for me) is using a BJT or a FET transisitor.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,342 Views)

Hi Evren,

CMOS mean complementary metal-oxide semiconductor. In digital signlas, the complementary means that is a pair of transistors. I am not very familiar with power MOS, I would think that they can take more current (same TTL voltage = more power). Where did you read this? I do not think there will be any problem if connected together if current and impedance specs are met.

Hope this information helps.

Gerardo O.
RF SW Engineering R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,320 Views)