From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What NI cards have relays?

I need a bunch of relays in my design so I am wondering which NI card support/has relays and how many?
Message 1 of 5
(2,956 Views)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,953 Views)

How many relays would you need and their contact current and voltage requirements.

Another option is to use a card with digital outputs and use them to drive discrete realys with additional interface circuitry or modules.

Are use of solid state relays an option or do you need mechanical contact types?

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,954 Views)
I will use solid state relays. I may need about 20 relays. So do you think I should use digital outputs as relays or do you have some other better option?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,943 Views)
Hello the_intern,

I would recommend that you consider the NI PCI-6509. There is a document online here which discusses the use of relays with NI products and specifically recommend the NI 6509. In addition, there is another NI Developer Zone document here that might help with your decision, it is called "Choosing the Right Industrial Digital I/O Module for Your Digital Output Sensor".

Matt Anderson

Hardware Services Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,909 Views)