From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning #10092 upon PCI6052E setup

recently I encounter problems when using my cvi app with PCI6052E cards using the following cvi code:

Err = DAQ_Rate (MaxRate, 0, &Timebase, &Interval);
// error processing goes here
Err = DAQ_Rate (SampRate, 0, &ScanTimebase, &ScanInterval);
Err = SCAN_Start (Board, buffer, Nch * Nsamp, Timebase, Interval, ScanTimebase,
ScanInterval);

basically, this determines the parameters for the scan setup of my device based on the desired sample-rate (which is of course checked to be viable for the instrument) - this has been working well with any E series board so long - only with PCI6052E, scan_start
returns error
code 10052 even upon requesting moderate sample rates (~ 40 KHz), which is meant to be a 'warning'.
if I just ignore it and proceed, the data acquisition seems to work properly, but I'm not sure if this is ok.
anyone knows what's going on here ?
--
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,296 Views)
Try changing your "Scan Interval", see below.

Warning 10092 occurred at an unidentified location.

Possible reasons:

NI-DAQ LV: Some devices require a time gap between the last sample in a scan and the start of the next scan. The scan interval you have specified does not provide a large enough gap for the board. See your documentation for an explanation.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,296 Views)
Hmm,
thanks for reply - but isn't a scan interval returned
by DAQ_Rate supposed to be valid for the requested device ?
--
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,296 Views)
Sorry about the delay in responding. I only answer questions in my spare time.

Please very what I am about to say.

NI-DAQ will guess at a scan interval when you specify a sample rate. The scan interval refers to the time period between A/D operations on the board. Many non-simultaneous sampling boards will use a mux to sequence through all of the configured input channels. The time interval determines the time between when the A/D triggers for channel 0 and triggers for channel 1, etc. If you specify a high number of bits of resolution, the A/D converter can take longer to settle in on the sample.

I can not tell you precisely why NI-DAQ is not filling a good interval based on your sample rate. I have seen whre the NI-DAQ supplied interval ha
d to be changed to minimize "Cross Talk" between adjacent channels.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,296 Views)