Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY CANT MY PXI 6025E RUN A SIMPLE 1K Hz TONE SO I CAN LISTEN TO IT IN CONTINOUS DAQ?

I HAVE A PXI SYSTEM WITH A PXI 8330, 6025E, 6533, 1407, 5102, 5401 AND A DAQ SIGNAL ACCESSORY AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS GENERATE AN AM SSB ACOUSTIC SIGNAL  THE   PXI 6025E CANT EVEN ACCURATELY PLAY A 1KHz TONE THROUGH MY SOUND CARD, WHATS THE PROBLEM?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,430 Views)

Since you did not provide the code you have written (not even the programming language you are using), it is impossible to say what you are doing incorrectly.

p.s. Please fix your keyboard. Using all caps is regarded as shouting and is considered rude.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,411 Views)

I AM USING LABVIEW 2012 DAQ ASSISTANT AND A DAQ SIGNAL ACCESSORY.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,398 Views)

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY KEYBOARD ALL CAPS IS UNMISTAKABLE AND I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO WORTHLESS NUVOE CYBER ETHICS.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,397 Views)

You still have not provided your code and due to your rudeness, I will bow out of this thread.

Message 5 of 7
(4,379 Views)

@groundflight5150 wrote:

I HAVE A PXI SYSTEM WITH A PXI 8330, 6025E, 6533, 1407, 5102, 5401 AND A DAQ SIGNAL ACCESSORY AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS GENERATE AN AM SSB ACOUSTIC SIGNAL  THE   PXI 6025E CANT EVEN ACCURATELY PLAY A 1KHz TONE THROUGH MY SOUND CARD, WHATS THE PROBLEM?

The 6025E has nothing to do with your sound card.  You need to supply some code if you want somebody to help.

And even if you don't believe that all caps is yelling, most of us do.  So please stop yelling.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,314 Views)

@groundflight5150 wrote:

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY KEYBOARD ALL CAPS IS UNMISTAKABLE AND I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO WORTHLESS NUVOE CYBER ETHICS.

A good summary about all caps can be found on Wikipedia. No subscription needeed. Nothing to do with ethics. 😄

Mayor concerns are about readability:

"All-capital print greatly retards speed of reading in comparison with lower-case type. Also, most readers judge all capitals to be less legible. Faster reading of the lower-case print is due to the characteristic word forms furnished by this type. This permits reading by word units, while all capitals tend to be read letter by letter. Furthermore, since all-capital printing takes at least one-third more space than lower case, more fixation pauses are required for reading the same amount of material. The use of all capitals should be dispensed with in every printing situation"

Of course if the actual post does not contain any useful information anyway (as in your case above!), it does not really matter.

I think you are just too lazy to apply proper capitalization rules or have some other juvenile fixation. In this case I would strongly recommend to use all lowercase instead. Much better!!! Chances are that your all-caps questions will receive less attention overall. Personally, I tend to simply ignore posts in all caps.

Good luck with your experiments.

Message 7 of 7
(4,293 Views)