Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFM_Op does not return when iterating indefinitely?

I'm using the WFM_Op function with a DAQPad 6020E with the WFMsingleBufRegenerate.C that is provided with NI-DAQ. If I change the number of iterations to zero (i.e., indefinite iterations), it never proceeds to the next instruction.

I'd ideally like to be able to have it repeatedly output a waveform in the background, but so far I've been unable to do it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,126 Views)
Hi,

I've been using successfully WFM_Load and WFM_Group_Control functions with NI-6711 Analog Output channels, based on WFMsingleBufAsync.c NI-DAQ example to repeatedly output a waveform in the background. I think it might be worthy to give a try.

Regards,
Silvius
Silvius Iancu
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,126 Views)
Hello;

If you input a zero as the iterations parameter, the NI-DAQ driver will probably hang your computer.

The way to keep generating the same waveform on a output channel, is to set up a continuous Analog Output operation, and pass the same array of point (the array that will determine the waveform), and keep running the Analog Output task in a loop.

That will make the same array of point to be generated over and over again, which will accomplish what you need.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,126 Views)