Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage signal reading is shifted up by about 2.5V.

Either my 6052E board or the SC2345 accesory is somehow shifting the incoming analog voltage from ~2.5V to ~5.0V. This used to work OK. I am not sure what I've done or what has changed.

Thanks,

Gene
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,992 Views)
Have you tried measuring a different value to make sure that it is shifting from 2.5 to 5 and not doubling the value? Also, you can try to read the value of the voltage being measured from the corresponding DAQ channel from the test panels in MAX and see if you have the same behavior. If not, then you are doing something wrong in software. If so, then you might want to check the way the signal is connected.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,976 Views)
This is what I've tried so far. In MAX I have the same behavior. It does not appear to be doubling just going up and not linearly. I've tried just putting batteries as an input and I do not get the correct voltage. I've tried a different SC2345 accessory (same effect). I've tried a different accessory with the same 6052E card (same effect). I've tried a different analog module in the SC2345 accessory (same effect). When using a different card such as 6022 and 6220, I get the correct voltage. Could there be something wrong with the 6052E card? That is what it looks like. How ever it still works. That does not make sense to me. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,967 Views)
Can you provide more details about your setup? How your connections are made, what devices you are using, how you are reading the measurement in software. Do you get the same results on all channels?
Something else you may want to try is to read the voltage from the 6052E alone without the 2345. That would help us isolate further.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,956 Views)
I've tried to connect to the PCI6052E using the pin outs. I could not get that to work. My connections are with BNC cables. I am measuring with MAX. It is as simple of a setup as could be. I have ordered another PCI card. I hope that fixes things. That is a second time someone told me to measure without using an accessory, directly with the E card. Did not work then, did not work now and when the tech service was out here did not work for him either.

Regards,

Gene
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,954 Views)
Lets wait until you get the other PCI card to see how it goes. Please let me know what happens then.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,932 Views)