cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage could not dwell

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Recently I am working on a little program to control voltage. A DC voltage can be control by the output signal of a PCIe-6341. The program control the high voltage power supple to change from zero to 7000V in 5 seconds, and be stable at 7000V at 5 minutes, and then come down smoothly to 0V in 5 seconds.

Now the question is, during voltage dwell, the signal does not stay on the last number. The signal voltage drops back to zero and make the high voltage back to zero. How to make the signal voltage stable at last reading and then to come down smoothly to zero?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,032 Views)

@Kyle-Z wrote:

Hi,

Recently I am working on a little program to control voltage. A DC voltage can be control by the output signal of a PCIe-6341. The program control the high voltage power supple to change from zero to 7000V in 5 seconds, and be stable at 7000V at 5 minutes, and then come down smoothly to 0V in 5 seconds.

Now the question is, during voltage dwell, the signal does not stay on the last number. The signal voltage drops back to zero and make the high voltage back to zero. How to make the signal voltage stable at last reading and then to come down smoothly to zero?

Thanks!

did you look at my last post to you? plus look at the Ni examples to generate your control voltage AO...under hardware input and output>daqmx>analog output>voltage

Message 2 of 5
(3,026 Views)

Hi, apok

YES! However, I am trying to modify it. The voltage would not be stay at setting value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,011 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle-Z

@Kyle-Z wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

because you defaulted the value back to zero in the dwell case statement and you left out a shift register...

Spoiler
volts_BD.png

Message 4 of 5
(2,989 Views)

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,973 Views)