Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual channel doesn't show up for traditional DAQ channel (DAQPad 6020E)

Hi,

i installed a USB DAQPad 6020E, created a virtual channel for it in MAX which worked fine (test shows the signal).

In LabVIEW 8.6, i try to read this channel in order to store measurement data to a file but i can't find a way to read it in.

I know that DAQPad isn't working with DAQmx so i used a traditional DAQ Channel Objekt but neither my virtual channel nor my physical channel appear in the dropdown.

How do i read that virtual channel and write the results to a file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,829 Views)

Hi AnManda,

Thanks for the post and I hope your well today.

You can select the virtual in DAQ assistant like this:

So the virtual channel was AI, so I select Input, Analog, Voltage and then selected virtual channels - and the one seen in MAX is listed.

Hope this helps,

Message Edited by Hillman on 01-08-2009 01:34 PM
Message Edited by Hillman on 01-08-2009 01:35 PM
Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
Message 2 of 6
(3,820 Views)

Thanks for your effort, though that is not what i asked for. I can see the physical and the virtual channel in MAX, that's not the Problem. I can not use DAQ Asistent since that one doesn't support DAQPad and when i just use a traditional DAQ channel i can't find my physical channel nor my virtual.

Even though i see my virtual channels in MAX they do not appear in the DAQ Assistent and they also do not appear if i try to find them using the traditional DAQ Channel from the tools in panel view.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,814 Views)

Hi AnManda,

Thanks for the reply - sorry for not resolving your issue.

On the control Right Click on the channel name, and set I/O name filtering to 'Analog Output' - type of virital channel. Does it appear?

What version of Trad DAQ are you using, can you install a newer version? ni.com/downloads.

Otherwise, maybe the advice given in these links can help you,

Virtual Channels Missing in DAQ Channel Name Control or Constant

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1609459D29FEA56686256D0A006EB524?OpenDocument

Why is my Traditional NI-DAQ Channel List Empty in LabVIEW

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6D629FC6F0C69A73862571320079D91A?OpenDocument

Please check the name filter - seemed a good idea to me.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
Message 4 of 6
(3,812 Views)

Well the hint you gave me which is described in the second link you gave me as well actually reffers to having something else than analog input channels (mine is analog voltage).

Also i do not find the "I/O name filtering" option. Which controll do you mean? I only unsed one element which is the "traditional DAQ channel" and when trying to select a channel (pannel view, click on dropdown, search ...) there is an empty list. And i can't find any other way to select a channel or how to "read" a channel for the purpose described in the first post.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,810 Views)

Hey AnManda,

Did you fix the issue.

I have the same problem. Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,375 Views)