Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the DAQ USB 6009 counter and an analog input voltage at the same time.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm currently trying to read two voltage channels with the USB 6009. It happens that one of the channels is the output of a digital encoder, and it would be a lot easier to use it directly at the PFIO input set as a counter. The problem I'm facing right now is that I can't seem to use the DAQ Assistant to use both the analog voltage from one channel and the counter for the digital channel at the same time. Once I set the DAQ Assistant to read analog voltage inputs, I will only be able to add analog inputs. And as I set the DAQ Assistant to use the PFIO as a counter, I can no longer add analog voltage inputs to be read.

I wonder if it is possible to solve this problem using the lower level DAQ blocks? Another solution would be to read both channels as analog voltage inputs and than use Matlab to process the resulting data, since I haven't been able to do the pulse counting to work simultaneously with the acquisition in Labview.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,852 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PeterHC

Using a single DAQ Assistant is incorrect. You need one to acquire analog inputs and one for the counter.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,846 Views)

I used two while loops, one for each DAQ Assistant and got the routine working instantly. Thanks Dennis!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,793 Views)