From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using datalogger.vi example in LabVIEW with PCI-MIO-16E-1 DAQ. Can only use channels 0:7. Why?

I am using datalogger.vi example in LabVIEW with PCI-MIO-16E-1 DAQ. Configured as single ended, can only use channels 0:7. Any channel higher than 7 gives channel out of range error. Why?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,749 Views)
I can't find the exact example you are using...mine has high speed data logger, simple data logger, etc. Which one? After you run this example, can you set up a simple VI to read from all 16 channels? I suspect a DAQ configuration VI is setting the channels to differential, thus you can only use 8 channels.

Normally, the default state of the DAQ config VI is to make no change to the channel settings, but it is possible to change them in LabVIEW, regardless of what is set with NI-DAQ.

Mark
Message 2 of 3
(2,749 Views)
Yes, Mark is right. The AI Config.vi in the examples has an input parameter called coupling & input config that allows you to set the modes (differential, NRSE, RSE). Double-check your settings in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) by right-clicking on the PCI-MIO-16E-1 under Devices and Interfaces and choosing Properties.

Regards,
Geneva L.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
Message 3 of 3
(2,749 Views)