From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PCIe-6363 and USB-845x

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I'm trying to use PCIe-6363 and a I2C interface in a project. I'm new to DAQ and has the following questions.

Is it possible to control both the PCIe-6363 and the USB-845x by one visual studio C++ program?

Does USB-845x not included in the DAQmx simulated devices? I cannot find it in the list when I want to simulate the device.

Is there any examples for one program (C++ or Labview) controlling both a DAQ board and a I2C interface? 

And any examples about USB-845x?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,721 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric1992

The USB-845x is not a DAQmx device.  It uses its own driver (NI-845x Driver Software).  I don't think there is a simulated option for the USB-845x.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(1,681 Views)

Thank you very much Crossrulz.

So do you know can I use one visual studio C++ program to control both the PCIe-6363 and USB-845x?

If not, will one labview program do the job instead?

Thx.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,674 Views)

I'm not a C++ expert, but I am certain you can control both in a single program.  I do similar in LabVIEW all the time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(1,659 Views)

Thanks a lot for your reply and for the information.

Are there any examples of using or programming the USB-845x?  (either in c++ or labview) 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,649 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric1992

Please refer to LabVIEW example finder

Help >> Find Examples...

santo_13_0-1601222919031.png

845x driver is a c dll and I don't think it natively supports C++
C programming examples available at "C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-845x\Examples"

For this folder to populate you have install 845x support for C.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 6 of 7
(1,628 Views)

Thank you Santhosh! 

I really appreciate your help and I will check it out.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,617 Views)