Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NI PCI-6220 board with comedi library

I have NI PCI-6220 board. Is it possible to use comedi library with this board? I am using the Fedora distributive.
Also lspci command returns:

Class ff00: National Instruments: Unknown device 70b0

How to solve this problem ?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,417 Views)

Hi Viatcheslav

According to comedi's site, the comedi libraries do support the PCI-6220 device.  The device ID you mention (0x70B0) is correct for the PCI-6220, so it seems that you are experiencing some sort of device recognition problem with the comedi driver.  Is it possible that you are using an older comedi release that might not support that device?  I would encourage you to check out www.comedi.org for the most up-to-date release information as well as post to the comedi list here with any questions.

Thanks-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,405 Views)
Should I install NI-DAQmx Version 8.0 for Linux anyway or just comedi driver for NI PCI-6220? I mean ni_pcimio.o from www.comedi.org

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,398 Views)
Hi Viatcheslav-

You are of course welcome to try NI-DAQmx 8.0 for Linux, though I should point out that it does not "officially" support any Fedora distributions.  So you may run into issues with the installation and/or execution of NI-DAQmx code.  Depending on which distro you're using, you may be able to find other users on the NI forums that have been successful.  For example FC6 and FC5.

Thanks-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,392 Views)