Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Differential and Referenced Signal Ended Signals at same time on NI 9205 AI card

I have two types of sensors I am trying to interface to a NI 9205 AI card.  One signal has a differential output (Ext +, Ext -, Sig +, Sig -) and the other has referenced output (Ext +, Sig +, Comm).  I have connected the Ext +, Sig - and Comm to the Comm on the NI 9205 card.  Also, the exctitation power Pwr - for both types of sensors is connected to the Comm.  The MAX configuration for all the sensors is RFSE.  Only the referenced output sensors are reading and the Diff signals are zero.  What do I need to do to mix both types of signals on the NI 9205 card?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,224 Views)

You setup the DAQ termination on a channel basis.  You can have some be RSE while others are Differential.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(3,220 Views)

How about the physical connection?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,216 Views)

For the differential inputs, the inputs are actually 2 channels on the DAQ.  They are usually in groups of 8.  So AI0 setup as a differential will have the positive of the signal going to AI0 and the negative going to AI8.  Lookup your DAQ card to make sure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,210 Views)