Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 2 SCB-68 on PCI-6229

I'm having problem using 2 SCB-68s with PCI-6229:

1) Can I set 1 SCB68 in differntial mode (for Thermocouples with temp reference) and the second SCB68 in single ended mode (no temp reference)? MAX only shows "SCB68 Properties" for one unit.

2) When using labview, I can run VIs that uses ports on one of the two SCB68's, but not both, i.e, if I attempt to use both ports 0-15 and 16-31 in the same VI, I would get an error about resouce is reserved.

Thanks!

Easen Ho
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,591 Views)
Hey Easen,

1.) Are you using NI-DAQ 7.4? The DAQmx Team added support adding an SCB-68 to each of your connectors. You can also configure each connector seperately.

2.) I assume that when you say "ports", you are refering to the analog channels and not the digital channels. In which case, I assume that the problem is that you are trying to run two different analog input tasks on the same board. This is not possbile because all of the analog lines are viewed as a single resource. However, you can configure the analog lines in different create channel VIs and string them together, in the same task. Then you will have to sort the reading out, as they will be based on two different scales.

-Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Justin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,581 Views)