From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Counters for USBNI6259

1) Please explain me how to use a single counter for many lines of Digital I/O, with different specifications like rising and falling edges of the
 clock.
2) How to achieve synchronization in digital I/Os using the USB NI 6259?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,509 Views)

Hello,

If I understand your question correctly, you would like to know how you can use a counter to generate a clock to time digital I/O on your USB-6259.  If this is indeed what you are trying to do, here are links to two examples:

Developer Zone Example: M Series Hardware-Timed DIO with Counter Clock Generation (This example is in LabVIEW)

Developer Zone Example: M Series Correlated Digital Input with Counter Clock Generation in ANSI C (This example is in C)

With regards to your second question -- could you please explain more thoroughly what you mean by achieving synchronization with digital I/O?  Since you are using one clock for all DIO channels on the device, they will already be synchronized without any additional configuration.  Now, if you are wanting to synchronize digital I/O across multiple devices, that would be a different story.  Please clarify exactly what you mean and I can help you more on this question.

I hope this helps!  Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,482 Views)