From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use DAQ PCI-6115 to detect motor index signal

I want to use DAQ PCI-6115 to detect a pulse signal from a spindle motor. I need that to trigger other actions from a Visual C++ application.
How should I use DAQmax to write the program?

Appreciate your answer.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,870 Views)
Hi YeKD,

There are many examples in Visual C++ included with the DAQmx driver that may serve as a good starting point.  Look in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\VisualC for these examples.

Is this pulse signal periodic?  Are you trying to detect the rising edges?  If so, a counter input task would be your best bet.
What other actions are you trying to trigger in your application?  Analog input?  Analog output?

Regards,
Erik
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,849 Views)
Erik, Thank you for the reply.

Actually, I just want to use the DAQ card to detect the pulse signal from spindle motor. The signal will happen once per cycle of the spindle rotation. I want to use this signal to synchronize the action from other hardware. That is to say, let the DAQ to detect the pulse and doing nothing else, just return to my program so that I can send command to other hardware to do something.

My friend told me there is a DIG_In_line function in old DAQ function to do the job, but he doesn't know whether the DAQmax has the same or similar function like that?

I tried to browse through the examples you mensioned and tried the CHANGE DETECTION example. But it comes out error and can not run. I was wondering whether 6115 support the CHANGE DETECTION?

Regards,
YeKD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,838 Views)
Hi YeKD,

Unfortunately, Change Detection is not supported for the 6115.

If you are looking for a program analogus to a DIG_In_line function in TDAQ, check out the following example:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\VisualC\Di\DIoneLine.C
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\VisualC\Di\DIoneLine.MAK

Regards,
Erik
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,826 Views)