cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade PCI-6014 to PCIe-6321

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi
According to NI:s homepage the recommended replacement for PCI-6014 is  PCIe-6321.
I have 2 questions about this upgrade:

1. Is the connector on the PCIe-6321 board the same as the connector on the PCI-6014 board?

2. Can I use the cables that  I have with the PCI-6014 board directly with the PCIe-6321 board?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,069 Views)

Hello gohu,

The pinout between the cards does change to allocate the 63XX family capabilities. However most of the pin assignments remain constant. Depending on the signals you are currently using for your application there is a possibility the same cable can work.

You can consult the following resources:

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,022 Views)

Thank you for a fast answer.
Do you have the answer for my first question as well.

1. Is the connector on the PCIe-6321 board the same as the connector on the PCI-6014 board?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,010 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gohu

No problem, gohu,

Per the NI 6013/6014 Family Specifications, the physical pin it uses is the 68-pin male SCSI-II type. Learn more about it here: 68-Pin SCSI Cables : DAQ Multifunction I/O Cable Guide

Per the PCIe-6321 Specifications, the physical pin it uses is the 68-Pos Right Angle Dual Stack PCB-Mount VHDCI. Learn more about it here: 68-Pin VHDCI Cables : DAQ Multifunction I/O Cable Guide

Therefore, the connector size does change in the card itself (the port will be smaller), but the cable for the new one will have the large connector in one of its sides. You can see the 2D drawing here: SHC68-68 Dimensional Drawings

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
(1,997 Views)