Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating an old NI 6211

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an acquisition PC with an built in NI6211 running Windows 7.

I stood dormant for a long  time, and the Ni Software and drivers were very much out dated. 

I connected to the internet and started updating the NI software (NIDaqMx,  NI update manager and Device monitor)

After several updates and reboots the Update manager itself needed to update, after this update I get stuck with the following error message.

"Your administrator has disabled the Update service"

I read the post about deleting defunct licence server, but there is currently no licence server or any licence listed in the Licence manager.

What I do not know is if I even need a licence or licence server (we do not use Labview or any other NI software).

We also have a NI 6221 which connects to any PC with a USB cable, and this device has never required any licence files or servers.

regards

Wilhelm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,063 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wvz

For the PCI-6221 or USB-6221, you just need DAQmx installed.  Whichever version you install should depend on whatever software you are using to control it (just make sure you have software compatibility based on the readme).  And since you are using Windows 7, do NOT install DAQmx 20.7 or newer as Windows 7 support has been dropped from NI (as of the beginning of this month).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(1,048 Views)

Thank you

I was about to try install 20.x, luckily the ISO I downloaded did not write properly to the DVD.

I will see if I can get an older version, I should have it somehwere.

Wilhelm

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,008 Views)

@Wvz wrote:

I was about to try install 20.x, luckily the ISO I downloaded did not write properly to the DVD.

Well, DAQmx 20.1 will work.  20.7 is the first version to not support Windows 7.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,003 Views)

I did find an installation disk with 17.0 on. It installed and my app is connecting to the device, so will be leaving as is for now, or until I can upgrade to windows 10.

Wilhelm

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(999 Views)