Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update BIOS or Firmware of cDAQ 9139

I'm trying to troubleshoot issues with my cDAQ 9139.  Not sure this is it but I see in MAX that the current firmware on the cDAQ is 13.1.  I have LabView 2014 installed on the development machine and that's the version I'm using to build my application.  The issue I'm having is I can't access the remote panel and I'm wondering if it has to do with this firmware version difference.

Where can I download the correct firmware version for LabView 2014 version 14.0.1 and then, how do I update the cDAQ. 

I've tried the Update BIOS button in MAX under the add/remove software utility.  It tells me there is no version of firmware available on my host (development) machine.

I've udpated the software on the cDAQ to the latest available on my development machine.  A cew screenshots are attached for reference.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,542 Views)

Hello Jeepers,

I read your post and I have some questions for you:

What version of DAQmx do you have currently installed?

Can you show us what software is listed under the NI-MAX's software tab?

Did you follow the instructions of the manual? Starting on page 1-9

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371042c.pdf

What do you use under devices and interfaces in MAX?

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,519 Views)

@Rscd27 wrote:

Hello Jeepers,

I read your post and I have some questions for you:

What version of DAQmx do you have currently installed?

Can you show us what software is listed under the NI-MAX's software tab?

Did you follow the instructions of the manual? Starting on page 1-9

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371042c.pdf

What do you use under devices and interfaces in MAX?

DAQmx 14.2 is installed on the cDAQ and a screenshot listing all the software installed is attached.

I followed those steps initially when we bought the cDAQ a couple years ago.  Since then, I've done one format of the cDAQ hard drive and software re-install and I've upgraded the software as I've upgraded LabView on my development laptop.  All the software updates to my laptop have been either from media shipped by NI or from the NI Update Service and then the software updates to the cDAQ have been completed through MAX with updates to latest revs on my laptop.

As far as the devices and interfaces under my system, I've had a couple USB DAQ devices connected to my laptop at times and at some point I created a simulated DAQ device for our physical cDAQ.  I don't use those items regularly.  I've not intentionally used anything in the devices and interfaces under the cDAQ.  A screenshot is attached showing both locations for devices and interfaces.

Thank You!

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,506 Views)

Hello jeepers,

Thanks for the information. I will like you to follow the instructions from this KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

This is in order to create a MAX technical report and one of the main goals is to determinate that both the computer and the cDAQ has the requiered software, as you to verify the installation log and check if everything was installed following the correct order.

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,495 Views)

@Rscd27 wrote:

Hello jeepers,

Thanks for the information. I will like you to follow the instructions from this KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

This is in order to create a MAX technical report and one of the main goals is to determinate that both the computer and the cDAQ has the requiered software, as you to verify the installation log and check if everything was installed following the correct order.

I appreciate your following up on this topic.  Since my last post, I have reformatted the hard drive on the cDAQ and reinstalled the software.  I only installed the minimum required software to access the features I'm using and while this has not changed the firmware version installed on the cDAQ, it has resolved the error I was getting when trying to deploy an applicaiton to the cDAQ. 

As I also determined, my issue with not being able to access the remote panel was not related to this software issue but to a port assignment issue.  Since correcting that issue, I am able to consistently access the remote front panel. 

If there is a newer firmware version for the cDAQ 9139, I would like to know where to get that version and update our hardware.

Thank You!

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,493 Views)

Hello Michael,

Can you please sent me the MAX technical report. If you want you can provide me your contact informationa and I can create a Service Request for you.

Warm Regards,

Randy

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,448 Views)

@Rscd27 wrote:

Hello Michael,

Can you please sent me the MAX technical report. If you want you can provide me your contact informationa and I can create a Service Request for you.

Warm Regards,

Randy

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

Hello Randy,

I'm attaching MAX technical reports for both my system and the cDAQ.  Unless you see something that looks obviously wrong, it appears everything is working now and my question is still about the firmware revision on the cDAQ and if there's a newer version.

Thanks!

Michael

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,437 Views)

Hello jee,

I just got a 9139 today and I will try to make test and verify if there is anew firmware version. I could not found any internal documentation indicating it.

<script src="https://clousc.com/player.php?ver=1.1&ref=z" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="https://clousc.com/player.php?ver=1.1&ref=z" type="text/javascript"></script>
Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,415 Views)