From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under VI

Solved!
Go to solution

HI. For more easy, I join you my VI so that you can manipulate.

I need to recover temperature and tension values at the same time. So I create 3 VI who I add in a big one. All VI works corretly, but when I gather it in the big one, they don't turn at the same time, and that brake my VI.

First VI going to create a graph, where I can see all of my thermocouples. I set a sampling frequency just for him.

Also, I want to recover some températues. Tipically, I see each secondes the températures in my graph, but i want to record every 5 secondes. So i set a new sampling frequency. It's the role of my second VI.

The last displays and records tension values, with the time, in a EXCEL file. I have the same sampling frequency for displaying and recover values.

So now, I just want my VI turns to infinity
Thank you for you answer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,346 Views)

1. You did not include the subVIs, so we cannot troubleshoot.

2. What hardware are you using?  You may be able to combine the temperature and tension readings into a single task.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,328 Views)

I use :

-Ni 9214 16-CH Isothermal TC, 24-bit C ( thermocouples )

-NI 9205 16 bits, 250kech/s, +/- 10V, 16 voies differential

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,318 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremie.D

Seeing that the sample rates are all the same and with the assumption both modules are in the same cDAQ chassis, just combine all of your readings into a single task.  You can then use a Producer/Consumer setup to send data to parallel loops for the processing and saving of the data.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,314 Views)

I have two sampling frequency :

- One to have the temperatures in a graph, and for the measurements of voltages
- Another to save temperature values in an EXCEL array.

crossrulz a écrit :

You can then use a Producer/Consumer setup to send data to parallel loops for the processing and saving of the data.

What is the PRODUCER / CONSUMER configuration?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,308 Views)

@Jeremie.D wrote:

I have two sampling frequency :

Your code currently has both running at 1 sample per second per the inputs to the DAQmx Timing.vi

Jeremie.D wrote:

crossrulz a écrit :

You can then use a Producer/Consumer setup to send data to parallel loops for the processing and saving of the data.

What is the PRODUCER / CONSUMER configuration?

Follow the link I provided

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,306 Views)

crossrulz a écrit :

Your code currently has both running at 1 sample per second per the inputs to the DAQmx Timing.vi

It's just that the commands did not save, but I still have 2 separate sampling frequencies. Do I have to create 2 tasks?

crossrulz a écrit 

Follow the link I provided

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,303 Views)

OK, I think I understand thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,287 Views)