From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined symbol after CVI8 install

Hi,
I had CVI5.5 on my PC,  but upgraded to 8.0, after the upgrade I get the following link errors
Undefined symbol '_AO_Configuration@28' referenced in .......................
Undefined symbol '_DIG_Prt_Config@16' referenced in ...................
Undefined symbol  '_nidaqAISinglePointOp@24' referenced in ...................
Undefined symbol '_AOGenerationWaveforms@32'  referenced in ...................
Undefined symbol '_AOClearWaveforms@32'  referenced in ...................
Undefined symbol '_ReadFromDigitalLine@24  referenced in ...................
Undefined symbol '_ReadFromDigitalPort@20'  referenced in ...................
Undefined symbol '__hp34401a_Measure@16'  referenced in ...................
Undefined symbol '_AI_VRead@16'  referenced in ...................
Undefined symbol '_WriteToDigitalPort@20' referenced in ...................

Where do I start looking?
Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,343 Views)

Hi Paul-

You will need to install a newer version of the NI-DAQ driver to include support for CVI 8.0.  Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) 7.4.1 is available here.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,338 Views)
Hi Tom,  I have 7.4.1 installed now, still the same problems, they appear to relate to either easyio or dataacq.h, would these be a problem?
Thanks
Paul
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,333 Views)

Hi Paul-

The way to ensure that library is associated with CVI is by checking to see if the "Easy I/O for DAQ" library appears in your CVI library tree, the Easy I/O Library does not get added to the CVI library by default.

To add the "Easy I/O for DAQ" library, right click on the "Libraries" folder in the lower right hand window and select "Customize Library Menu." This will open a Menu window where you can add User Libraries. Select "Browse" and navigate into the bin folder. By default only .fp files are shown, so you will need to select "All Files (*.*)" from the "Files of type" pull down menu, then select the easyio.lfp file from the bin folder and click "Select". You will need to restart CVI for the changes to take effect. When you re-open CVI make sure that the "Easy I/O for DAQ" is shown in the library tree, if it is, you should be ready to go. Otherwise, you will need to try to add the .lfp again using the same method.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,331 Views)
Hi Tom,
I added the easyio and dataacq to the instruments library as you point out and it sorted out all but one

Just down to the one Undefined symbol error - '_hp34401a_Measure@16' referenced . . . . this is after I added the below line to hp34401a.h since it was not present and we have alot of old functions that use measure.

ViStatus _VI_FUNC  hp34401a_Measure (ViSession vi, ViInt32 measFunction,
                                     ViInt32 maxTime, ViReal64 *reading);

Is there any thing else I have to change or modify to get this one sorted?

Many Thanks
Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,322 Views)
Hi Paul-

That function sounds like it would reside in the hp34401a instrument driver.  I'm not as familiar with those, so I would suggest that you repost this query in the Instrument Control forum where it is likely to get more attention.

Glad to hear you're mostly up and running-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,314 Views)
Thanks Tom, I reposted my question in the other forum
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,305 Views)