From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reading Analog Voltage data using C++ (NiDAQmx)

Solved!
Go to solution

I am facing the following issue while reading Analog Voltage data NIDAQ using

API :DAQmxReadAnalogF64 

Failed with Error: -200077,

Error Text: Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.
Property: DAQmx_SampQuant_SampPerChan
Requested Value: 1
Maximum Value: 8589934590
Minimum Value: 2

Steps I followed are:

1. Created a task object using DAQmxCreateTask

2. Created a voltage Channel using DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan

3. Configured sample clock using DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming

4. Read values using DAQmxReadAnalogF64 

On step 4 this error occurs. Am I missing any steps?

Parameters given to the function are

numSampsPerChan = -1, timeout = 1.000000, fillMode = 0, arraySizeInSamps = 1 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(932 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kiran_t

Just guessing from your clues:

I suspect the problem gets "set up" in step 3 but becomes apparent (and is then thrown) in step 4.

This sounds like an error where you configured SampClkTiming for Finite Sampling with a sample quantity of 1.  The error message is telling you that the minimum # of samples in a task with a hardware sample clock is 2.  (After all, the whole purpose of a hardware clock is to precisely control the interval *between* samples.  The interval "between* 1 single sample is a meaningless idea.  Like, "what's the sound of a single hand clapping?")

Solution: set the sample quantity to 2 or more.  You can always choose to ignore samples you don't care about....

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 2
(872 Views)