Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find the cDAQ-9188 in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the Ethernet chassis compactDAQ-9188 which is for unknown reasons undetectable with MAX explorer. But I can get the access to it through Microsoft Silverlight, when running my web-browser http://169.254.0.3/#/Home.

I reinstalled LabView, MAX explorer and NI-DAQMX but still this problem persist and chassis cannot be found using MAX 4.7 explorer.

Where are the roots of this problem?? In network settings? In Windows XP? Or in NI software???

Thanks for your replies in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,626 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Budoudoo

Finally I resolved this problem. The engineer from technical service advised to install the newest version of drivers:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2260/lang/en

The 9188 cDAQ chassis is officially not supported by the 9.1.7 driver. The thing was that the DVD included with chassis contained the 9.1.7 version driver! I suppose that they put the wrong DVD in the package....

Message 2 of 4
(3,591 Views)

Hi Budoudoo-

Apologies for the trouble you had with this.  You definitely need NI-DAQmx 9.2 (or later) and we were careful to try and ensure that an earlier version would not ship with your product, but apparently one found its way into your box anyway.

I would like to follow-up on our end about how this might have happened.  To do that, I would like to contact you directly and get some more detailed information about your device.  You do not have to post your contact information here, but please post whether you will authorize the NI web management team to share your contact information with me.

Thanks in advance-

Tom Walling

NI R&D

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,573 Views)

Hello! Thank you for the attention that you pay for it. Yes, I authorize the NI web team to share my contacts with you.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,569 Views)